Wednesday 25 February 2009

I have a bloke's brain!

I have just completed an online 'Sex I.D' test on the BBC's website. This psychological testing programme is based on the premise that women's brains perform differently to men's brains i.e women always know where to find the car keys and men always know how to read the map! There were several categories to complete covering skills like spatial awareness (men are supposed to be better at this); processing visual information i.e knowing which objects had been moved around in a picture (a woman's skill); empathy skills (women) and systemising (men). You were given individual scores for each section and then an overall score in the 'female-male continuum'. If you imagine a scale with zero in the middle, the female zone is to the left of zero with scores up to 100 and the male zone is to the right of zero with scores up to 100, then the average woman scores 50 in the female zone and the average man scores 50 in the male zone.

I scored 25 in the male zone!

Please don't get the impression that I'm some kind of 'butch' karate kicking woman. I'm not. In fact I am fairly petite and on the whole feminine, though I admit I'm not a girly kind of girl. Anyway this got me thinking, is having a 'male' brain the reason I like karate? Is it the reason I'm quite competitive? Do other women who do martial arts also have a 'male' brain? I'd love to know the answer to that one. If you are interested in finding out whether you have a male or female brain why not go and do the test yourself and let me know the answer. Is the reason I am turning this post into a scientific experiment because I have a male brain?

If you are interested this link will take you directly to the test. You can do it anonymously and it takes about 20 minutes. Good luck!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Mick said...

hello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails